[Samba] No smb.conf file !

Tony Earnshaw tonye at billy.demon.nl
Mon Apr 4 20:29:08 GMT 2005

man, 04.04.2005 kl. 12.07 skrev Bahya NASSR EDDINE:

> I configured samba 3 on a Red Hat machine, I then
> built and installed it.
> The problem is that after installation has finished, I
> couldn't find the samba configuration file smb.conf.
>
> Any idea please?

If you don't understand basic Unix/Linux system administration and the
basic Unix/Linux system commands (including find, locate and their ilk,
which you obviously don't)  and are running Red Hat, stick to rpms and
srpms which will put everything in the correct Red Hat places. This
includes the Samba 3 srpms (God bless Jerry and Co. not only for this,
but a whole lot of Red Hat compatibility issues to boot).

Then go ahead and learn rpmbuild.

--Tonni

--
Nothing sucksseeds like a pigeon without a beak ...

mail: tonye at billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl

They love us, don't they, They feed us, won't they ...