[Samba] Roaming Profiles:Samba PDC:WinXP:User must be local admin

Tom Skeren tms3 at fskklaw.com
Tue Sep 28 17:11:46 GMT 2004

Zach wrote:

>I'll have to check it later today (i'm on RH9 at work).  I'm guessing
>the man page means to remove the undesired user/group.  Not having
>looked at it, I'm guessing that leaving only the Administrators is
>appropriate.  I'll know more once I mess around with it this
>afternoon.

Well the group everyone is in there.  So it shouldn't be an issue.  I'm
going to add the group fskk to it, which is the group I created for the
users-see if that helps.

>Tom, have you had a chance to implement profile acls = yes in your
>smb.conf?  Did it work?

Added the line in smb.conf, but I'm not at that office today, so I will
travel there tomorrow and do some testing.  Keep me posted.