[Samba] Re: Windows XP - Explorer crashes when I try to open a file ona Samba share

Lenroc lenroc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 16:49:40 GMT 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:33:27 -0500, Stuart Highlander wrote:

> are the clients and server on the same subnet or seperated by routers?

The clients and server are on the same subnet.

I have now tried connecting to the server with a Linux client, smb4k, and
get the same problem. I can browse directories confidently, but trying to
open a file causes the reader app to essentially 'hang', apparently until
it times out.

I have captured the problem with tcpdump on the server and WinDump on the
client, but I have no idea what to look for in the log...

--
Lenroc