[Samba] Roaming profiles problem

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Tue Sep 28 13:33:38 GMT 2004

> OK, no problem with that... but after I logoff nothing is placed in the
> user profile dir...

Where do you 'think' the profile dir is set to?  Not trying to be
demeaning, I would like to know so perhaps I could give you the right
line for smb.conf.  You currently have this in your smb.conf:

logon path = \\%L\%U\profile

This gets expanded to \\servername\username\profile and then stores the
profile data there, which seems to be what you are describing since
\\servername\home usually equates to the user's UNIX home directory if
you have the 'standard' homes share.

--
Paul Gienger                     Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.