[Samba] Unable to map or view resources by name

Jetkins at austinlogistics.com Jetkins at austinlogistics.com
Wed Sep 22 18:33:55 GMT 2004

Hi, folks.

I'm in the process of setting up a RH ES3 box as a samba server in our
Active Directory environment.  I have kerberos working for user
authentication, and can both log into the RH machine and map drives from
windows clients using domain passwords, but the drive mapping only works
if I specify the share name with the server's IP address:
\\10.1.200.114\share1.  If I try using the server's name -
\\sambasvr\share1 - the authentication fails and I see the following in
the corresponding client's log file on the server:

[2004/09/22 13:23:15, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(173)
  Failed to verify incoming ticket!

and the following in the Security log on the AD server:

Event Type:     Failure Audit
Event Source:   Security
Event Category: Account Logon
Event ID:       676