[Samba] Audit

rruegner robert at ruegner.org
Mon Sep 20 13:55:47 GMT 2004

hi, i have something like this in the logs
[2004/04/22 08:35:55, 2] smbd/open.c:open_file(240)
   tanrit opened file tanrit/Vorlagen/winword2.doc read=Yes write=No
(numopen=5)
  so its user time file what else do you miss?
after all youre right grep this is much work and will produce
a lot of big files , if you want to automatic monitor all this
actions

But i had also my problems

i tried to set
/var/log/samba/%U.%m.log
to have user at machine log but this fails, i guess of massive logging
actions,
i would like to see a parameter in samba like this
log file commun = ...
log file user =
log file machine =

perhaps someone of the gurus may implement this some day.

---these are my normal entires
log level = 2
syslog = 0
log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
max log size = 100000
----
in the shares i have the audit module enabled

Regards