[Samba] samba 3 share folder

Benoit Moeremans abeneuneu at nectarine.be
Wed Sep 8 10:11:20 GMT 2004

Hello all,

I just migrate a samba 2.2 in a workgroup to a samba 3.0.4 (with kerberos & winbind) into active directory 2003.
It runs on a debian woody with a 2.4.23. Everything is working fine except 3 things:

1) Every user has his personal home folder under samba (it worked before in domain).

[users]
    comment = Strict Personnal Directory (no share)
    path = /shr/user/%u
    admin users =  CARDS+Domain Admins
    browseable = yes
    public = yes
    writable = yes

Since it's in the ads, every user receives "network access is denied". I can't find the exact way to set up that.

2) The server with the new samba( let's call it S1) mount a share from another linux server (S2). This mountdirectory (M1) is into a folder wich is also a share.
    A windows server pull M1 to see if there are new files on S2. So, it's using a login wich is authenticated trough the ads. I set up the same login and same pass on all servers.

On S2, the rights of the files are rw-rw-rw. On S1, these files got rwx-rx-rx.

And the windows server cannot delete the files ( we need to delete it). Probably cause there are no rights to write. I configured the creation mode etc in the config of both samba in 777. I try to change unix permissions on these files, it doesn't work.  Any idea?

3) Since S1 is into the ads, the name of the folders under the shares wich got an "accent" (like é or è) are remplaced by a little square. Something like a locales problem into samba?

Thnx in advance,

BM