[Samba] Samba 3.0.6 speed problem

Fabrice Robin FabriceRobin at bbs-one.fr
Mon Sep 6 12:38:00 GMT 2004

Hi,

I'm running a samba server version 3.0.6-2.FC2 on a Dell PowerEdge 2600 SC RAID5, linux Fedora Core 2 (Up to date).

Windows user often experience critical speed problem when writing files on a samba share (ex: 19mn for a 36 mb file instead of nearly 10s), or printing.

A "top", or "ps -ax", or even samba log files do not indicate anything.

I have to make a 'kill -HUP' on their smbd pid in order for them to recover a normal writing/printing speed !!!

Am I the only one to experience this problem ???

Regards,
Fabrice Robin