[Samba] Daylight time dates for Brazil

Bruno Gimenes Pereti pereti at ump.edu.br
Fri Oct 29 19:18:34 GMT 2004

Hi!

Last week all windows workstations changed the clock thinking that the
daylight time had started but it will start nov, 2. I know this is a windows
problem so I went to technet.microsoft.com and found this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317211

with this article I got the registry key of my workstation corrected. Now I
want to replicate this configuration to all other workstations. I have a
samba 3.0.5 PDC and I'm using windows policy to control access and configure
the workstations so I started to create a .adm file to export this registry
information. When I was reading about the best way to change the value of
this registry, I found in the book "Windows System Policy Editor" from
O'Reilly that "Since this registry key has a hex value (REG_BINARY), it is
not possible to change it using a policy template".
Ok! I can't replicate it with policy but I still can make a reg file and
change the values within the logon script. Here comes another problem...
normal users don't have permission to change the value of this registry so I
have to find a way to change permission to the registry. I know I can use
regini.exe but it must be running in a windows computer and the workstation
must be online.

I hope someone call me fool and say I'm complicating everything. It really
should be easier.

any help, sugestion, idea?

thanks!
Bruno Gimenes Pereti.