[Samba] security mask

. listrcv at condor-werke.com
Thu Oct 28 10:59:29 GMT 2004

Hi,

how can I prevent users from setting file permissions on files and
directories on a share? The share is, amongst others, on an ext3
partition with ACLs, kernel 2.6.8.

I´ve tried to set ´security mask´ and ´directory security mask´ to 0000.
The result is that users block themselves from accessing any file they
attempt to set permissions for. It seems that by masking the rights by
0000, any attempt from SAMBA clients to set permissions, results in file
rights masked to 000 and then applied to the file.

BTW, is there some tool available to manage users and permissions
similar to the syscon of Netware?

GH
--
for i in "*.txt"; do mail -s $i hwilmer < $i; done
su: $i: ambiguous redirect