[Samba] Re: LDAP: strange "net groupmap" behaviour

Igor Belyi sambauser at katehok.ac93.org
Wed Oct 27 12:02:09 GMT 2004

For those who may also look into this problem.

1. This problem is on FreeBSD 4.10 (read - without NSS!)
2. UNIX groups and accounts are kept locally (not in LDAP) whereas Samba
is configured to use LDAP.
3. gidNumber=4294967295 is the same as 0xFFFFFFFF which is (unsigned
int)-1 and Samba's attempt to look for a group with this gid may
indicate an incorrect check for an error in the code.

Let's do it together, shall we? :)
Igor