[Samba] polling for options on printing commands

Thomas Bork knuffelmail at gmx.de
Tue Oct 19 20:51:06 GMT 2004

Thomas Bork schrieb:

>>I'm working on fixing a bug for 3.0.8 and need to know how many
>>people use smb.conf variables other than the standard printing
>>vars like %p, %j, etc... in the various printing commands.
>>Please send me examples if you use things like %U, or %m.
>>Thanks.
>

> with LPRng:
>
>         print command = /usr/bin/lpr  -U%U@%m -P%p -r %s
>
> or
>
>         print command = chmod 666 %s; name="`echo '%J' | sed "s/^.*- //"`"; if [ "$name" = "" ]; then name="%s"; fi; /usr/bin/lpr -U%U@%m -P%p -J"$name" %s; rm %s
>
> and so on:
>
>         lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq  -U%U@%m -P%p
>         lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -U%U@%m -P%p %j
>         lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc -U%U@%m hold %p %j
>         lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc -U%U@%m release %p %j
>         queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc -U%U@%m stop %p
>         queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc -U%U@%m start %p

and

    print command = ( /usr/bin/printfax.sh %I %s %U %m %H; rm %s ) &
    lpq command = /usr/bin/faxlpq %U
    lprm command = /usr/bin/faxlprm %j %U

and

    lpq command = /var/install/bin/samba-print-pdf status
    print command = ( /var/install/bin/samba-print-pdf %s ~%u //%L/%u %m
%I %u -dPDFSETTINGS=/default mail no ) &

--
der tom
[fli4l-/eis-team]