[Samba] browseable shares need password for browsing

Nick Barov barov at nicadd.niu.edu
Tue Oct 19 02:17:22 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have a standalone samba server with security = user, and a collection of
XP and Win2K clients. In this mode, listing the available shares on the
server requires a password, even though I have set browseable = yes for
each share. This behavior is consistent with the Samba documentation. But
I wonder if there is a way to make the shares browseable without a
password? I am running Samba version 3.0.7-2.FC2 on Fedora Core 2.

-Nick Barov