[Samba] non-local accounts...

Michael J Wilson michael.wilson at rmxtalk.com
Thu Oct 14 18:08:01 GMT 2004

I am having problems, can join domain, add users, etc, etc no problem
using samba 3.0.6 and ldap 2.2.17, have the ldap working fine with samba.

The problem is that I cannot get this to work without having local unix
accounts.  We are setting up a domain between 32 locations  (zero
budget) , and of course want to just have our ldap directory replicate
itself, not have to add local users.  Totally unix pdc/bdcs, not active
directory at all.

What is the easiest way to add ldap users without having to add local
accounts as well?  smbldap-tools is giving me
 >failed to perform search; No such object at
/usr/local/sbin//smbldap_tools.pm line 229, <DATA> line 283
errors, even though the conf files seem correct in every which way.

Any help would be appreciated.

MIke