[Samba] Photoshop "Disk Full" error, a linux filesystem NOT Samba issue

ip.guy ip.guy at optushome.com.au
Thu Oct 14 03:59:19 GMT 2004

Hi all.

Thought you would all be interested to know that i, like many others, am
experiencing issues with Samba and Photoshop 7.0.

The problem is specific to Photoshop 7.0 when saving files to a Samba
share via a W2k/XP OS.

Users experience a disk full error when saving from Photoshop but have
no issues copying/moving etc files to/from the share outside of PS.

Well, after some testing, the problem as been narrowed down to a Linux
filesystem issue, well at lest this is my current thinking.

To explain.
We have 2 x 2TB Dell Powervault arrays, both identically formatted and
mounted on the same Dell PowerEdge server, no issues.

If i create a share on /dev/sdb, Photoshop will not save to that share,
disk full error

If i create a share on /dev/sdc, no problems.

In both cases, the options for the shares are identical (apart from the
share name, blah1/blah2, and pathing information)

Well, that's where I'm at at the moment, further investigation pending.

-ipguy