[Samba] smbfs mount issues

Culver, Chuck chuck at sussex.tec.nj.us
Wed Oct 13 18:11:50 GMT 2004

I am having a similar problem on a Domain.

The problem only seems to be when mounting a share located on a Windows
2003 server.

My problem is this:   I run the mount command.  It completes without
error.  However, the mount path disappears.

In your example, /path/to/mount/dir would be mounted, but the "dir"
would disappear from view.

If I open a terminal, SU, and then ls -la /path/to/mount
It will not show anything at all.

If I run unmount the share, the folder reappears.

This used to work on an older version of Samba.. like 2.28 or early 3.
Now I am running 3.0.7-2 on Mandrake 10.1.

The stranger part is, I can "preview" the contents with SMB4K or LAN://
but once it is mounted....