[Samba] Authentication problem?

Stephen Kühn stephen.kuhn at gmx.net
Sun Oct 10 18:30:57 GMT 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-11 at 04:19, Anne Wilson wrote:

> I've run around in circles.  Can anyone give me hints or a troubleshooting
> scheme for this?  I've tried the obvious, like checking that ping works both
> by ip and name.
>
> Anne

Being in EXACTLY the same scenario, Anne (who never posts on the MDK
list anymore), I had that same issue for a very short while - but after
making sure that both boxes had been updated, the issue disappeared for
whatever reason - SO, the question now being, have you updated MDK on
both boxes? Oh, and are you using SWAT for your configuration? (and I
would assume that both boxes are in the same workgroup, ya?)

--
stephen kuhn
mobile: 0410-728-389