[Samba] Shared printer stops printing after first page

Lucas Scharenbroich lscharen at d.umn.edu
Thu Oct 7 16:26:58 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have an HP 5650 printer attached to a Debian (testing) Linux box over
USB in a small office.  Three Windows XP machines share the printer on
the Linux box which is controlled by CUPS and exported via a Samba
share.

Recently, the DeskJet began to only print out one page of multi-page
documents. This seems to have occured around the time I upgraded to
Samba 3.0.7.

I encountered the "sendfile hangs Windows client" problem, and have
"use sendfile = no" in my smb.conf, so I do not believe that is the
problem.

Please CC as I am not subscribed.

Thank you,
-Lucas