[Samba] smbd startup error

Loftus Andy - ALoftu Andy.Loftus at acxiom.com
Fri Oct 1 09:50:37 GMT 2004

I have installed various versions of Samba but i keep getting the same
error.

/usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd smbd -D
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd because of
the following errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module libldap.a(libldap.so.2) could not be
loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module libldap.a(libldap.so.2).
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not
exist.

The server is running AIX 5.1 maintenance level 4.

The ./configure command seems to have worked ok last few lines are

creating ./config.status
creating include/stamp-h
creating Makefile
creating include/config.h

The make file also seems fine last line Target "all is up to date.

The make install is the same as the make.

I have checked the files and there isnt any reference to libldap.

I have run find / -name *libld* on this server and another one that is
currently working and the files are exactly the same size , ownership and
permissions.

Many thanks in advance for all your help with this.

Andy Loftus
UNIX Systems Administrator
______________________________                                       __

ACXIOM

Direct Dial:  +44 (0)113 251 5881	Acxiom Limited
Telephone: +44 (0)113 251 5034	1200 Century Way
Mobile         +44 07931 606363               Colton , Leeds
Fax:	   +44 (0)113 251 5365	LS15 8ZA
E-mail:        andy.loftus at acxiom.com

named above, and may be legally privileged.
If the reader of this message is not the intended
distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly
prohibited.
please re-send this communication to the sender and
delete the original message or any copy of it from your
computer system. Thank You.