[Samba] winbindd server did not respond problem

Tanzer GENC tanzer at arkas.com.tr
Fri Nov 19 18:20:34 GMT 2004

Hello all,
I use squid with samba winbind authentication.
Everyting is running well, I have connected samba with my active directory
network, squid is querying usernames and authenticating with winbind well
but it ask username and password some time.
I have 3 Domain controller in network.
dc1 dc2 and dc3.
I tried various "password server" paramater in smb.conf file
password server = *
password server = dc1 dc2
password server = dc1 dc2 *
password server = ip_adress_of_dc1 ip_adress_of_dc2 *
etc...
but still it give error below sometimes(I'm reading error from log.winbindd
file).

ERROR message ->  "cli_pipe: return critical error. Error was Call timed
out: server did not respond after 10000 milliseconds"

If 10000 miliseconds is not enough how can I increase it? Does anyone have
any idea about problem?

Thanks
Tanzer GENC