[Samba] Samba PDC with shares accessible for not logged users - how?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Nov 17 19:51:04 GMT 2004

MaTT wrote:
> Tomek, did you checked if using force user, and setting read only=no,
> and having a machine account in the samba for the machine where the
> program runs, work? just guessing!

this directory shouldn't be writable, so I have it now like that:

[wpkg]
   comment = Windows Packager
   path = /home/samba/wpkg
   read only = yes
   browseable = yes
   valid users = nobody, unattended, guest
   guest ok = Yes
   public = Yes

but as the server is a domain controller, it prompts for a
username/password even if I just click on its icon (from win2k workstation).

This workstation already has a machine account.

What do you mean by "force user"?

Any more hints?

Tomek