[Samba] Samba/Netscape Directory Server

Christian Merrill cmerrill at redhat.com
Tue Nov 16 18:49:52 GMT 2004

Andreas wrote:

>On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 01:25:56PM -0500, Christian Merrill wrote:
>

>>Regarding what you are saying, from the RHEL3 Samba server a "getent
>>passwd" displays Administrator and root both with uid=0 along with the
>>other available local & remote ldap accounts.
>>

>Yes, that's what I meant. Seems OK. You will have to bump the log level up
>a bit and check out what is going on. Start with level 2.
>
>Oh, btw, do you have a add machine script directive? Sorry if you already
>posted this info. Don't forget that the machine account has to have posix
>attributes as well, be it in ldap or in /etc/passwd & /etc/shadow.

Will bump up the logging and see what I can find.  Sorry for not posting
the config portion:

[global]
        workgroup = LDAP
        netbios name = GSSLDAP
        passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://zorg.rdu.redhat.com
        name resolve order = wins bcast hosts
        time server = Yes
        add user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -a -m '%u'
        delete user script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-userdel '%u'
        add group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupadd -p '%g'
        delete group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupdel '%g'
        add user to group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -m
'%u' '%g'        delete user from group script =
/usr/local/sbin/smbldap-groupmod -x '%u' '%g'
        set primary group script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-usermod -g
'%g' '%u'
        add machine script = /usr/local/sbin/smbldap-useradd -w '%u'
        domain logons = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        preferred master = Yes
        wins support = Yes
        ldap suffix = dc=rdu,dc=redhat,dc=com
        ldap machine suffix = ou=People
        ldap user suffix = ou=People
        ldap group suffix = ou=Groups
        ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
        ldap admin dn = cn=Directory Manager
        ldap passwd sync = Yes
        ldap delete dn = Yes
        map acl inherit = Yes
        preserve case = yes
        short preserve case = yes
        case sensitive = no
        idmap backend = ldap://zorg.rdu.redhat.com
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000