[Samba] problems to join a XP pro client to the PDC

Peter Discart peterd at discart.org
Mon Nov 15 23:01:43 GMT 2004

Hello Guy's it's the newbie again.

So I managed to get the samba server running with the following
configuration mentioned below.

I have created a computer account on the samba server.

When I want to join the XP client, I use the specified computer name and
the domain name. When I click OK windows prompts me for the username and
I use the user ROOT and the password. After a wile I get the error
message 'INVALID PROCEDURE CALL" on the XP client and the computer is
not joint to the domain.

I need to get this working for a class exam project.

Thanks for helping me out, again.

Regards,

Peter

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from UNKNOWN (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2004/11/15 23:12:45

# Global parameters
[global]
	client code page = 852
	workgroup = DOMTEST.BE
	netbios name = RACKSERVER
	server string = Samba %v on %L
	encrypt passwords = Yes
	debug level = 2
	log file = /var/log/samba/log.%L
	max log size = 1000
	time server = Yes
	socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=8192
SO_RCVBUF=8192
	character set = ISO8859-2
	domain admin group = @wheel
	domain admin users = root
	logon script = logon.bat
	logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
	domain logons = Yes
	preferred master = Yes
	domain master = Yes
	invalid users = bin deamon sys man postfix mail ftp
	admin users = @wheel

[netlogon]
	path = /home/netlogon
	invalid users = bin,deamon,sys,man,postfix,mail,ftp
	valid users = root, at smbusers

[profiles]
	path = /home/profiles
	invalid users = bin,deamon,sys,man,postfix,mail,ftp
	valid users = root, at smbusers
	writeable = Yes
	create mask = 0700
	directory mask = 0700