[Samba] Winbind, still unreliable

brucehohl at access-4-free.com brucehohl at access-4-free.com
Sun Nov 14 15:53:53 GMT 2004

Similar to below, in the case of a Samba server + winbind on
SuSE 9.1 I have also experienced the problem of winbind
working immediately after start up but failing after some
hours or days (restart of winbind corrects the problem).
After failure no new user connections can be made.  This has
occurred under [SuSE] samba-winbind versions 3.0.2a and
3.0.4.  I recently upgraded to samba-winbind 3.0.8 and
winbind failed to start at all forcing me to go back to
samba-winbind 3.0.4.  I can not move this server from the
testing phase with a small number of testers to production
with this issue.  Thanks to anyone who can propose a method
to trouble shoot this problem.  Perhaps the problem relates
to my Windows AD server.