[Samba] SerNet Samba RPMs for SuSE and RedHat

Guenther Deschner gd at samba.org
Wed Nov 10 02:47:12 GMT 2004

Hi Samba-Folks,

there are Samba 3.0.8 RPMs available now on the SerNet ftp-server:

	ftp://ftp.sernet.de/pub/samba/

Currently we have built 3.0.8 for

	SuSE 8.2
	SuSE 9.0
	SuSE 9.1
	SuSE 9.2 (i386 and x86_64)
	SLES 8 (i386)
	SLES 9 (i386 and x86_64)
	RHEL3 (i386)

s390 and s390x versions for SLES will follow later.

be aware that our RHEL3 RPMs have a different package style than the RPMs
which Red Hat ships; our RPMs follow our SerNet style (formally known as
SuSE package style). We also statically link against a modified version of
Heimdal Kerberos to get proper ADS support with Windows 2003 - we do not
use MIT Kerberos like Red Hat does.

Samba SerNet Team
--
Guenther Deschner                                               Samba Team
SerNet GmbH - Goettingen                                      gd at samba,org
gd at sernet.de