[Samba] Security Permissions

Joe Rizzo jrizzo at perpetual.com
Wed Nov 10 00:47:11 GMT 2004

Hi all,
I am running Samba 3.0.7 joined to an AD domain with ACL support and
XFS.  Files served by this server are only being accessed via Samba.
I can successfully set the ACL permissions; however I am having
permissions issues that I believe to be related to the Unix file
permissions.
2 issues are:
1)  If the primary group has no permissions (IE 700), but a user has
permission defined in the ACLs, the user still does not have access the
file.
2)  Files, directories and sub-directories are created with the user's
primary group rather than inherited.

Is there a way that Samba will only use ACLs for security permissions
and ignore the Unix permissions?

If not, Could someone point me in the direction of how to seamlessly
manage security permissions in Samba as if it were a Windows file
server?

Thanks,
Joe