[Samba] Re: distribute/deploy software to clients

Michael Lueck mlueck at lueckdatasystems.com
Mon Nov 8 17:18:44 GMT 2004

Simon Hobson wrote:

> Spot on ! But isn't that an argument to scrap Windows ;-)

Didn't Linus start that...???

But it is a cross platform issue. Windows, Linux, Unix, MVS, bla bla bla... There is no cross platform Swiss army knife ESD tool, period.

> It's not that only MS can have the vision, they are the ONLY player with
> the clout to make anything new in that line happen :-(

What would Linus think of such a comment?

> However, if MS come up with a solution...

SMS, IntilliMirror, MSI, GroupPolicy, TerminalServer, etc... What are you wanting for?

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems