[Samba] Samba3 + LDAP - troubles joining domain (have to do it twice)

Paul Gienger pgienger at ae-solutions.com
Wed Nov 3 14:58:16 GMT 2004

> The first time I try to join a domain I get an error after about 10-12
> seconds, no matter value "ldap replication sleep" has.

I have had this happen almost perfectly consistantly on my network.  To
fix it, I've added a sleep line in the smbldap tools scripts to make it
wait.  While this isn't foolproof, I get about a 75% success on the
first try, probably more if I'd increase the wait.

In smbldap_tools.pm, around line 380 I added the sleep line in this snippet:

        $add->code && warn "failed to add entry: ", $add->error ;
        # take down the session
        $ldap_master->unbind;
        sleep(5);
  }

Paul Gienger                    Office: 701-281-1884
Applied Engineering Inc.
Systems Architect               Fax:    701-281-1322