[Samba] Suse 9.1 Samba

Art Fore afore at sonic.net
Fri May 21 17:12:48 GMT 2004

I have been trying for two weeks to get onto a Win2k domain which has
active directory with no success. The Suse YAST samba client will not do
ADS, only domain, server, or user, so I went to the command line stuff I
found the the Samba documentation.

I can do kinit and get back the following:

sha-linux:/etc/samba # kinit art_fore at 3MTS.COM

art_fore at 3MTS.COM's Password:

kinit: NOTICE: ticket renewable lifetime is 1 week

When I do the net ads join, I get:  (I use the same name and password in
WinXP, different computer name and it works)

sha-linux:/etc/samba # net ads join -U art_fore

art_fore's password:

[2004/05/20 20:48:47, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_add_machine_acct(1006)

Host account for sha-linux already exists - modifying old account

[2004/05/20 20:48:47, 0] libads/ldap.c:ads_join_realm(1342)

ads_add_machine_acct: Insufficient access

ads_join_realm: Insufficient access

If I do the klist Tickets, it does not work, so I do klist -T:

sha-linux:/etc/samba # klist -T

Credentials cache: FILE:/tmp/krb5cc_0

Principal: art_fore at 3MTS.COM

Issued Expires Principal

May 20 21:08:26 May 21 07:08:26 krbtgt/3MTS.COM at 3MTS.COM

Below is the global part of the smb.conf file:

[global]

workgroup = 3MTS

realm = 3MTS.COM

interfaces = 127.0.0.1 eth0

bind interfaces only = true

printing = cups

printcap name = cups

printer admin = @ntadmin, root, administrator

map to guest = Bad User

security = ADS

encrypt passwords = yes

password server = mailman

idmap uid = 10000-20000

idmap gid = 10000-20000

passdb backend = smbpasswd:/etc/samba/smbpasswd

server string = Samba Server

netbios name = sha-linux

add machine script =

domain master = false

domain logons = no

local master = no

preferred master = auto

load printers = no

ldap suffix = dc=com

We use ldap and do not use PAM. Our local win network guru has no idea
and is of no help.  Does anyone have any ideas what the problem is?
Winbind, smb and nmb are running.

Art