[Samba] QuickBooks Enterprise & Samba 2.2.8

Kevin Kallsen kallsen at e101.com
Wed May 19 14:06:25 GMT 2004

Hello,

I have samba 2.2.8 running on a pdc server.  We recently purchased
QuickBooks enterprise for multi user support.  I have setup a folder on the
samba server to store/use QuickBooks.  From reading the newsgroups I see it
is best to run with oplocks off (I have done this at the folder level.)

I can successfully open and close the QuickBooks file (in the samba folder)
using the machine I created it in.  However, no other workstations running
QuickBooks can open the file (even though I have the program set for multi
user access).

Please help and advice.

Thanks in advance

Kevin