[Samba] Does anyone knows about this ?

Yohann Ferreira bertram25 at hotmail.com
Fri May 7 14:30:56 GMT 2004

I know it's not about samba, but I found it's quite related ...

I've installed pam_krb5.so in /lib/security to use it with PAM.

I've set my :
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_krb5.so
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
in /etc/pam.d/login
and when I try to authenticate against my linux box (Mandrake 9.2, Samba
3.0.2a)
I've an access denied because of conflicting credentials.

My /var/log/auth.log shows me that

PAM unable to dlopen /lib/security/pam_krb5.so
PAM [dlerror : /lib/security/pam_krb5.so: undefined symbols:
krb_mk_in_tkt_preauth]
PAM adding faulty module ...

That clearly means that my PAM module pam_krb5.so isn't good, but I've many
version of that one, without any success.

Does someone knows about this ?

Bertram