[Samba] Samba 3.0.2a and directories with many files

Uwe Weissenbacher UweWeissenbacher at gmx.net
Wed May 5 10:05:53 GMT 2004

I am using Samba 3.0.2a (latest one in the portage) with Gentoo Linux. A
couple of days ago Samba 2.x (don't excatly remember the version) was
the latest stable version in the portage and I used it without any
problem.
I share a directory with many files (about 1300) on a FAT32 partition.
When my roommate (Windows XP) tries to access this folder, he only gets
400 Files. If I mount the share locally or on my notebook (booted
Gentoo Linux) I get all the files. When I boot Windows XP (SP1 all
patches) on my notebook I also see only 400 files.
This behavior occured since I switched to version 3.0.2a (did a test
with version 2 and it worked again). Of course I did not change anything
in the config.

Sorry for my horrible english.

Thanks for any hints.