[Samba] Solution For MS ACCESS on Samba Share

tom jhiims at comcast.net
Mon May 3 12:53:49 GMT 2004

I am using Samba 2.2.8 and this fixed my problem with MS ACCESS.

Make sure your ms access has the following options set.

Click Tools

Click Options

Click General Tab and make sure the "Default Database folder" points to
your Samba share

Click "Advanced Tab" and make sure "Default Open Mode" = shared
         "Default record locking" = Edited Record
         "Open databases using record-level locking" is checked

In your Samba shared set the option "force create mode = 777"

My MS ACCESS database runs like a charm now.

Hope this helps you.