[Samba] Purpose of param. "time server" ?

M. Vancl mvancl at setuza.cz
Mon Mar 29 14:22:28 GMT 2004

Hi,

I need to make a decision whether or not to install ntp server on my network
in order to give time source to WinXP workstations. I found this parameter
but I don't know how to employ it. I have got some unsure information about
new functionality (other then ntp and 'net time' service) on WinXP (DC)
server for setting clock on its workstations. Is it true ? And is "time
server = yes" parameter on SAMBA intended for setting such functionality on
it ? Unfortunately my trial with it was not successful. Can anybody help me
?

Thanks

M. Vancl