[Samba] domain profil

Tolmacs Mark tolmi at code-land.com
Mon Mar 29 11:47:11 GMT 2004

Hi!
I have mostly the same problem. Maybe your situation isn't so terrible.
Please send the whole message of the popup window. You can do this by
logging in as local admin, then at the event view/Applications you can
find the message as an error event. The important section is the DETAIL
at the bottom of the window. Maybe if you're lucky, I have seen the
problem and I can help :).

And at least I have a similar problem:
"Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is
attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile
will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Possible causes of this
error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this
problem persists, contact your network administrator.

DETAIL - The network name cannot be found."  <==== HERE

It happens randomly. I have played with the timings and profile
settings, but the problem still remains. Please anybody tell something
about this problem. Is it a bug or just misconfiguration?

I send two logfiles:
http://home.sch.bme.hu/~tolmika/samba
In the first log file, the user just tries to log in, and get the message
The second shows the whole process, annoying message, OK, logging out.

Thanks anything,
    Mark Tolmacs