[Samba] Samba 3.0 & 2003 Active Directory Native Mode

David Morse dmorse at TREEV.COM
Fri Mar 26 16:22:23 GMT 2004

Does Samba 3.0.2a release integrate with Windows Active Directory
running in 2003 Native Mode?

The situation is that two corporate departments are joining their
network infrastructure.  One department runs several Samba 2.2 servers
and the other is a 2003 Native Mode Active Directory.  I understand that
if you upgrade to Samba 3.0 this supports Windows 2000 AD, but it is
unclear to me if Samba will integrate seamlessly with 2003 Native Mode
AD environment.  I'm looking for a straight forward non biased, no BS
answer.  If it works cool, I'm not afraid of the overall work involved.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

David Morse

Network Administrator & Purchaser

(703) 904-3132