[Samba] Controlling share ACL through W2K's Computer Management MMC

Ognyan Kulev ogi at fmi.uni-sofia.bg
Tue Mar 23 19:03:16 GMT 2004

Hi,

This is samba 3.0.2a-1 on Debian testing.  I'm trying to change share
permission with Computer Management snap-in in Windows 2003 Server, but
only access denied is given.  The only answer I found is
http://lists.samba.org/archive/samba-technical/2001-December/017809.html
.  So I have to use "change share command" and login as local root?  I
don't like this.  Is this the only way change share permissions?  And in
the official documentation these both things are not mentioned ("change
share command" and "root" user, which is by default invalid user).

Regards,
ogi