[Samba] Samba 3.0.2 under Solaris 9

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Mar 23 15:46:33 GMT 2004

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 Radu.STANUC at cec.eu.int wrote:

> Hi
> I need help to install Samba 3.0.2a on a Solaris 9 machine. I can't get
> winbind to work correctly cause of missing SASL. Samba was compiled an all
> needed GNU packs was installed, but I can't install the right version of
> SASL. There are 2 version available  :1.5.28 and 2.1.24 The first compiled
> and installed well but generate an error that fail ./configure of OpenLDAP.
> This is a known bug solved by actual release but when I try co compile the
> last one I got error massages : OpenSSL not found and NTLM disabled (used
> path for openSSL, openSSL installed on the machine and when I use the same
> parameters for 1.5.28 he found OpenSSL). The goal is to compile Samba with
> Kerberos and AD support (so OpenLDAP devel libraries need to be build on the
> machines, SASL needed or I'm in a wrong way) to have user authentication via
> Winbind to give automatically access of an user to his home (located on
> Samba machine). I use the same scenario for a Linux machine (Red Hat AV 2.1)
> and here everything work correctly.
> Thanks in advance for help.

Installation notes taken during an installation I did in November 2003 may
be useful to you. You can obtain them from:

	http://samba.org/~jht/Notes/Samba-Install-Solaris9.txt

Please note that given that the nss_winbind.so.1 library is installed
under /usr/loca/samba/lib you must instruct the dynamic link loader to
search this path. The tool you need to use for that is called 'crle' (it
is a standard Solaris 9 system tool).

- John T.
--
John H Terpstra