[Samba] oplocks ?

Marco F. Cavaliere marco.cavaliere at ulixe.com
Sun Mar 21 14:27:57 GMT 2004

Hi everybody.
    Cold some one explain me why when I try to access to my samba shares
with the netbios name, i received this error in the log?

-------------- log.10.0.0.222 ------ is the address of the client wich i
use for access to the samba box

[2004/03/21 15:19:58, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(173)
  Failed to verify incoming ticket!
[2004/03/21 15:19:58, 1] smbd/sesssetup.c:reply_spnego_kerberos(173)
  Failed to verify incoming ticket!

--------------

This kind of error, wiht the same configuration, are not given if I
access to the samba box directly to the ip address, if I specify in the
configuration:

security = SERVER, insteand
security = ADS

The error disappear, obviously i've done the join of the domain wiht
"net ads join -U cava" (cava have the administrator rights)...

I use debian with the kerberos (not heimdal one that dosen't work),
winbind and samba 3.01
Any Idea?

10x
*M*