[Samba] Acentos y Enes con tilde

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Sat Mar 20 21:25:19 GMT 2004

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 10:23:16AM -0500, Americo Sanchez C. wrote:
> He configurado un servidor samba para trabajar como PDC.
> Todo esta perfecto, excepto porque, algunos archivos que he colocado en
> el recurso compartido, y que tienen en su nombre acentos o eñes, son
> vistos desde los clientes de forma diferente, el nombre de los archivos
> aparece truncado, y cuando uno intenta abrirlos con un doble click,
> recibe un mensaje que dice: No se encuentra el recurso.
> Alguien me dijo que se requiere cambiar el charset del sistema de
> archivos, no lo se, alguna sugerencia?

When I run that through Babelfish, it looks you're having problems
when you copy files from Windows to the Samba server if the files have
tilde (~) or ene (~n) in their names.

You didn't say which version of Samba you were using.  The HOWTO for
Samba 3.x and character set issues is here:

    http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/unicode.html

And they mention a few things about Samba 2.x.  Also, for Samba 2.x,
read the documentation for smb.conf on the parameters "character set",
"client code page", and maybe "valid chars".  You might also want to
look at the examples/validchars directory in the source tree.

  -- Ed "always on the lookout for suspicious characters"