[Samba] MS Word doesnt set attribute bits on share

ben ben at frazer-nash.com
Fri Mar 19 15:24:29 GMT 2004

Matt

I am currently using a cron job to set the archive bit on recently
modified files as a work around. It just bugs me that the bits aren't
getting set properly. It appears to only be Word 2000 that is causing
this problem. Not sure about newer versions as we dont have any.

I will modify my live server to use EA's to store the dos attributes
once I am happy that it is ok as I dont really like the linux execute
bits being used, even though at the moment the only access to the server
is through Samba.

Ben