[Samba] stupid message on the windwos-client

Norbert Gomes norbert.gomes at orleans-tours.iufm.fr
Fri Mar 19 15:18:14 GMT 2004

Hello,

Which version of Windows do you use ?

For W95 / 98 / Me, there's a registry key in
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon] :

Create a DWORD value named UserProfiles and set it to 0, this could
disable the Profiles.

You can use it by your logon script :

Create a file named disableprofiles.reg and type in the following lines
 (repect the empty lines) :
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Network\Logon]
"UserProfiles"=dword:00000000

Note that the file must be ended by 1 or 2 empty lines to be interpreted
by regedit command.

Then place in your logon script (if you have one) the command :

regedit /s \\server\netlogon\disableprofiles.reg

This command will update the registry (you may need to restart the
computer...)

Hope this will help ;)