[Samba] Re: (3.0.2a) nsswitch/winbindd_user.c:winbindd_getpwnam(157)

Ken Wright ken at cncware.com
Tue Mar 16 08:12:43 GMT 2004

Seems as though the log entries below were a red herring. After setting
local permissions to DOMAIN+USER/GROUP I am able to read/write as
expected from a domain windoze machine. The smb.conf entries required
the same format of DOMAIN+USER/GROUP in the share block (valid users =,
write list = , etc.). I did read where this format was to be
discontinued in smb.conf but apparently not yet.

What puzzles me now is how to provide equal access to files/directories
for both local users and domain users. As stated, I have setup the maps
between local and domain groups using "net groupadd", but as of yet am
unable to provide local write access to files/directories having domain
ownership and visa versa. Does groupmap not provide this?

Thanks,

Ken