[Samba] Nondeterministic share connect failures

Karel Kulhavy clock at atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz
Mon Mar 15 08:17:29 GMT 2004

Hello

I have a Samba PDC in domain KEVF_D4 called OBERON and a NT4
workstation NEPTUN in workgroup (not domain, workgroup) WORKGROUP

I tried to map \\oberon\linux from OBERON using smbclient
\\\\oberon\\linux -U <username> and gave password and it worked.

I tried to map \\oberon\linux from NEPTUN and

1) got error message:
"\\Oberon is not accessible.
Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at
this computer.". No share was mapped. Logged out and in and tried the same again
2) \\oberon\linux has been mapped without problems. Logged out and in
and tried the same again
3) the same error message, no share was mapped. Relogged, tried again
4) without problems
5) OK
6) OK
7) OK. Tried killing all killable connection with SWAT
(why can't I kill those IPC connections with SWAT?).
8) OK. Shutdown, RESET of the PC
9) the error message occurs when mere clicking on OBERON, preventing me
   even from clicking on the linux share. relogging.
10) OK
11) OK
12) OK. Rebooting
13) OK

How can I determine what am I doing wrong? I want to make it work all
the time, not just sometimes.

What does the error message mean? Does "the user" mean the user I am
logged in on NEPTUN or the remote user I am putting into the form when
connecting the drive?

Does "this computer" mean NEPTUN or OBERON?

The network is OK, no packetloss.

Cl<