[Samba] Re: OS X

Thomas Mikl raccoon at smallrodents.com
Mon Mar 8 13:47:54 GMT 2004

Hi!

I only used Apple's utilities and command line. I never did trust SWAT
as it always messed up my config files pretty badly.

I am also having several shares mounted to the OS X workstations both
from our fileserver (Linux/Samba 3) our Apple Fileserver (Panther) and 2
Windows Servers (windows 2000). I am not experiencing the problems you
describe. I never loose connection to the Servers, all the shares remain
on the desktop unless you "eject" them.

can you further describe how you are mounting? I use an apple script at
login on the OS X workstations that does several things including
executing a shellscript that mounts all shares for that user...

Tom