[Samba] Samba + Win2k

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Mar 5 20:38:11 GMT 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-05 at 12:34, John H Terpstra wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2004, Guylerme Velasco wrote:
>

> > How can i get a trust relationship betwen Samba Domain and Win2k ?
> >
> > I´ve tried many ways like, change win2k register, changig some security
> > directives, etc.
> >
> > The win2k is added at Samba Domain like this
> >
> >   useradd -g MYGROUP -d /dev/null -s /bin/false WIN2k$
> >   smbpasswd -a -m WIN2K$
> >
> > Is there other way??
>
> Reading the chapter on Interdomain Trust Relationships in the
> Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf is a good place to start.
>
> 	http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.pdf
------
I think John misunderstood the question.

Generally, when you have things set up right, you could probably join
machines to a domain simply by using the Windows Networking Wizard from
'System' control panel.

The implementation of smb.conf / etc. will differ on different OS's and
the type of 'backend' storage you specify for holding this info and of
course, the version of samba that you are using - none of which you
included.

Generally, the way I have had success is to add root to the smb
database...
smbpasswd -a root

Then when it asks you the name of someone who is authorized to add the
account to the domain, it would be root with whatever password you
assigned to root.

Craig