[Samba] Why does a W2K (pro) client do more than it is asked to do?

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at kaman.com
Fri Mar 5 18:54:28 GMT 2004

Lynn,

Does your smb.conf have an entry similar to:

username map = /etc/samba/smbusers

If so, does the file "smbusers" exist?

Do you have user accounts on both the AIX
box and the W2k box?  They'd be mapped
in smbusers, AIX_acct=W2k_acct

Have you added your users to it (smbusers)?
e.g. lynn=lynn
or	lynnx=lynn
or	lynn=lynnx
nobody=smb_nobody (in smb.conf, add "guest account=smb_nobody")
etc.

Hope this helps,
  Jim