[Samba] Can't enum groupd in usrmgr (STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW)

mike at jurney.org mike at jurney.org
Sun Jun 27 06:07:58 GMT 2004

(Samba 3.0.4 PDC, smbladp)

When I try to list the members of a group, I get a popup saying that an
error has occured, with the message 'Invaid access to memory location'.
When I check the logs on the PDC, I see the usernames being checked, and
then, always after the same user, the following error is thrown:

[2004/06/27 01:58:40, 5] smbd/ipc.c:send_trans_reply(91)
  send_trans_reply: buffer 1024 too large
[2004/06/27 01:58:40, 3] smbd/error.c:error_packet(118)
  error packet at smbd/ipc.c(99) cmd=37 (SMBtrans) STATUS_BUFFER_OVERFLOW

After this occurs I'm still unable to list group membership, but no more
errors occur in the PDC log until I stop and restart usermgr.  Any
suggestions as to what might be wrong?  I have the entire log session if
it will help to see it.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike at jurney.org