[Samba] samba 3.0.4 : cannot join domain with w2k clients.

Tomás Polák Tomas.Polak at jaga.sk
Fri Jun 25 16:57:07 GMT 2004

Hi,
I compared your smb.conf with mine.
I am running Samba 3 PDC with W2K clients very well.

My Samba version is 3.0.2a-1 (using Debian Sarge distribution)

After try to join domain, are there created new user and/or machine accounts
in /etc/smbpasswd?
Do you already have appropriate user account in /etc/passwd ?
When I am joining new computer to domain, I first creating user account on
Linux on both
/etc/passwd and /etc/samba/smbpasswd places (from console). Next log as
Administrator to W2K and join
domain with Samba "root" username and root's password from
/etc/samba/passwd. This
works well for me.

>From my remote view is seems, that you may try to add "add machine script"
directive
and check writability of your Samba system shares (netlogon, homes).

I this will not be helpful, do not hesitate to contanct me to send you my
whole /etc/smb.conf

And I am using WINS servers in my local network, but PDC was working for me
before
I have them, so they are not mandatory.

TP

So there are differences (regadless of importancy):

[global]
unix charset = iso8859-2
dos charset = CP852
netbios name = cartman
passdb backend = smbpasswd guest

not using logon script directive
logon drive = J: (capital letter)

time server = yes

remote announce = wins2.jaga.sk
remote browse sync = wins2.jaga.sk

add user script = I am using -g 50 instead of group name
add machine script = usr/sbin/useradd - /dev/null -s /bin/false %m\$

not using username map directive

log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m

syslog = 0

obey pam restrictions = yes

printer admin = I have there comma separated list of priter admin users

wins support = yes

unix password sync = yes

passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
passwd chat = *Enter\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n
*Retype\snew\sUNIX\spassword:* %n\n *success*
passwd chat debug = true

min password lenght = 0

[netlogon]
path=/usr/local/samba/netlogon
writable = no
share mnodes = no
guest ok = yes

[profiles]
path=/home/samba-ntprof
writable = yes
create mask = 0700
directory mask = 0700

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   guest ok = no
   create mask = 0775
   directory mask = 0775
   force group = staff
   #this hide marks UNIX dot files with DOS hidden flag
   hide dot files = yes
   #this veto hiddes UNIX dot files, but leaves . as current directory
   veto files = /.?*/
   map archive = no

   recycle:keeptree = true
   recycle:touch = true
   recycle:versions = true
   recycle:exclude = *.tmp *.temp *.ldb ~$*
   vfs object = recycle

--
Tato sprava bola prehladana na vyskyt virusov a nebezpecneho obsahu antivirovym systemom na serveri spolocnosti Jaga Group s.r.o. a zda sa byt cista. Info: postmaster at jaga.sk