[Samba] group and user permissions issue.

Aden, Steve saden at itscommunications.com
Wed Jun 23 14:18:01 GMT 2004

Ian,
	I refer you to section 12.2.3 of the Samba HOWTO Collection.
Specifically look at the information concerning the group ID bit (SGID).
You can use the file system permissions and controls in such a way that
all the files created will be owned by the same group (teachers).

	This is also covered nicely in John Terpstra's book "Samba-3 By
Example".

Steve

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Opinions, conclusions and other information contained in this message that do not relate to official business shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by ITS